Nickerson Beach Park
Nickerson Beach Park
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT "ALL BALL-FIELDS, DOG-PARKS AND TENNIS COURTS" ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED STARTING TODAY MARCH 21ST AT 10:00 AM
Nickerson Beach Cabana Lottery is now changed to Wednesday April 29 @ 10 am Please keep an eye on social media to keep informed as dates are subject to change.
We will be holding our Nickerson Beach Early Bird Campground Registration as scheduled on Saturday MAY 2nd from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Please arrive at 7:45 AM for instructions so that you can become familiarized on the new procedure for the Registration.
NICKERSON BEACH, PART OF THE COUNTY PARK SYSTEM SINCE 1967, Nickerson Beach Park is 155 acres of a sun-drenched recreational facility. It is located along the Atlantic Ocean on Long Island’s South Shore. The facility consists of Beach front, Campground, Fun Zone, Ball Fields, Beach Volleyball Courts, Cabanas and Lockers.
The beach is approximately .5 miles long. The beach is home to a number of federally protected birds and grasses. It is a great place to relax and soak in the beauty of nature.
The park includes areas by the beach that are cordoned off to protect nesting areas for the Piping Plover, a sparrow-sized shorebird that is protected by federal law.
During the summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day), parking fees are charged as follows:
- Daily: $14 for Leisure Pass holders and $35 for non-Leisure Pass holders.
- Season sticker: Leisure Pass holders, $110; seniors, disabled, volunteer firefighters, auxiliary police & veterans, $50 (Leisure Pass required); non-Leisure Pass holders, $280.
|Nickerson Beach provides the ocean summer cabanas, pools and lots of activities for tots and teens at "Fun Zone"|
There is a picturesque, seaside Pitch and Putt, created amongst the dunes of Nickerson Beach which includes nine holes ranging in length from 47 to 105 yards. There are two new basketball courts in the "Fun Zone" and a basketball court by the cabana area; two tennis courts;
and a new baseball field (permit required). The "Fun Zone" includes a skate park located inside a 160-by-100-foot fenced-in area. The skate park includes seven ramps of varying difficulty, with the lowest ones measuring two feet in height and the highest ones four feet. In addition, there are two railings for skate-boarders. During the summer season, the skate park is open seven days a week, but patrons are advised to call ahead for the schedule of hours. At other times of the year, excluding the winter, when the park is closed, the skate park is open only on weekends. Helmets must be worn by those using the skate park.
- The picturesque, seaside Pitch and Putt, created amongst the dunes of Nickerson Beach includes nine holes ranging in length from 47 to 105 yards.
- The Fun Zone consists of playground for children, two basketball courts and a skate park. There are two Soccer fields, a baseball field and six Beach Volleyball courts.
- There are unreserved and reserved (fee) picnic areas that include barbecue equipment and a campground.
- There are two swimming pools - one at each end of the park, along with small “kiddie” pools (fee required).
- Visitors can also swim in the ocean.
- There are new beach showers and cabanas, with cabanas awarded via a lottery system (fee required).
- Seasonal hours Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Nickerson Beach offers cabanas for rent during the summer season, with areas on the eastern and western ends of the park. The cabanas provide Nassau County residents with the opportunity to enjoy a summer vacation at this beautiful beach. Each year, a lottery is held to determine eligibility for available cabana spots. There are 498 cabanas and 147 cabinettes.
- A dog run includes separate areas for big and small dogs; it is located across the parking lot from the Fun Zone. Please note that dogs are not allowed on the beach or in any County parks or preserves, with the exception of the dog runs.
- A food concession stand is located on the south edge of the "Fun Zone" by the beach; it is open during the summer.
To reach Nickerson Beach Park from the North Shore, take Meadowbrook Parkway South to Loop Parkway (Exit M10) to Point Lookout. Turn right onto Lido Boulevard. Nassau Beach is about half-mile on your left-hand side. From the South Shore, take Southern State Parkway (East) to Meadowbrook Parkway (South) toward Jones Beach. Just before the Jones Beach Toll, go off onto the Loop Parkway (exit M10) toward Point Lookout. Take Loop Parkway all the way to the end. Turn right: Nickerson Beach Park is on the left-hand side about a half-mile away.