Vendors doing business with Nassau County, including all those responding to DPW solicitations, must register with the County. The Nassau County Bid Solicitation Boards are open to all registered vendors. Vendors that have not registered are able to view open solicitation opportunities, but they are not able to download solicitation documents or submit bids or proposals.
To complete the registration process, please click on the New Vendor registration link:
New Vendor Registration
If you are already registered, please click on the Solicitation Board link:
Formal Solicitation Board.
To access Bid Contract solicitations and Request for Proposal documents to download and view for free, click on the “Vendor Portal” link.
Note that for Bid Contracts, in order to submit a bid, you must purchase a bid package from the Department of Public Works Permit Office directly. Please follow the instructions on the Notices to Bidders provided for each bid contract.
About Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) has five functional areas: Administration, Engineering, Operations, Fleet, and Real Estate.
- The Administration Division provides overall leadership and direction of the Department.
- The Engineering Division administers and coordinates engineering activities related to the public infrastructure of Nassau County.
- The Operations Division administers and coordinates operational activities related to the public infrastructure of Nassau County.
- The Fleet Management Division administers and coordinates the County’s fleet, vehicle-related equipment, machinery, and resources, e.g. fuel for all County departments except Police.
- The Real Estate Division administers and coordinates all real estate matters on behalf of the County.
For a complete department overview, click here Headline
The Bay Park Conveyance Project:
Click on https://www.bayparkconveyance.org/about for up-to-date information on the County’s Western Bays Resiliency Initiative
The NEPA environmental review documentation can be viewed and downloaded at: https://www.bayparkconveyance.org/nepa-ea
Access to relevant Request for Proposals files as provided to the qualified Proposer Teams.
Long Beach WPCP Consolidation Project:
A project webpage will be available in the coming weeks which will provide up-to-date information. Please check back at a later date.
The NEPA environmental review document was led by GOSR in partnering with Nassau County. Under the heading Rebuild by Design, look down the list for the “Long Beach Water Pollution Control Plant Consolidation” for the NEPA EA documents.
Request for Proposals documents and other relevant project-related information will be provided regularly as needed.
2019 Public Notices:
Kenneth G Arnold, P.E.
Department of Public Works
1194 Prospect Avenue
Westbury, NY 11590-2723
Illicit Discharges: 516-571-7535
Road Maintenance: 516-571-6900
Traffic Signals: 516-572-0465
Mosquito Control: 516-571-6900
SUEZ Emergency Hotline: 866-224-8508 (For all sewer related issues.)