3/18/20 - In accordance with County precautionary measures relating to COVID-19, the NCDPW Permit Office/Counter located on the 1st floor of 1194 Prospect Avenue, Westbury, will be closed to the general public until further notice. Inspections for previously issued permits and ongoing projects will continue at this time. Please stay tuned for further announcements, and we appreciate your understanding.
*Please be advised that, effective 1/2/19, there is no longer a registration fee to use the County’s Solicitation Board of eProcure. All vendors should re-register.
Using the link below, please scroll to the bottom and click the Vendor Portal Registration.
About Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) has five functional areas: Administration, Engineering, Operations, Fleet, and Real Estate.
- The Administration Division provides overall leadership and direction of the Department.
- The Engineering Division administers and coordinates engineering activities related to the public infrastructure of Nassau County.
- The Operations Division administers and coordinates operational activities related to the public infrastructure of Nassau County.
- The Fleet Management Division administers and coordinates the County's fleet, vehicle-related equipment, machinery, and resources, e.g. fuel for all County departments except Police.
- The Real Estate Division administers and coordinates all real estate matters on behalf of the County.
For a complete department overview, click here