Board of Elections
THERE IS NO NEED TO VISIT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS TO REGISTER TO VOTE OR TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT.
You may also request an absentee ballot by sending a letter to the Board of Elections. The letter may be sent via mail, email or fax. The letter must be received by the Board of Elections no later than seven days before the election and must contain the following information:
- your name and date of birth,
- the address where you are registered,
- the address where the ballot is to be sent,
- and the reason for the request.
You may also call (516)571-8683 and request your ballot over the phone.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THE JUNE 23, 2020 PRIMARY ELECTION: DUE TO THE PREVALENCE AND COMMUNITY SPREAD OF COVID-19, AN ABSENTEE BALLOT WILL BE GRANTED BASED ON TEMPORARY ILLNESS AND SHALL INCLUDE THE POTENTIAL FOR CONTRACTING THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
If you need assistance in marking your ballot, you may visit the Board of Elections office to utilize a ballot marking device.
Early voting will be available from June 13, 2020 to June 21, 2020 at the locations listed below. Any registered voter in Nassau County may vote at any of the below locations during the early voting period.
|Early Voting Hours|
|Saturday, June 13, 2020||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Sunday, June 14, 2020||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Monday, June 15, 2020||10 a.m. to 7 p.m.*|
|Tuesday, June 16, 2020||10 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday, June 17, 2020||6 a.m. to 7 p.m.*|
|Thursday, June 18, 2020||10 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Friday, June 19, 2020||6 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Saturday, June 20, 2020||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Sunday, June 21, 2020||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|* The Nassau County Board of Elections will be open until 8 p.m. on Monday, June 15 and Wednesday, June 17.|
To check if you are Registered to Vote, including your Election District Information, Party Affiliation and Voting Location, Click Here.
Board of Elections
The Board of Elections is a New York State mandated agency funded by Nassau County administered by a bipartisan representation of the two major parties in the state; the Republican and Democratic Parties.
- Register voters.
- Conduct Primary, General, and Special elections.
- Canvass election results.
- Certify election winners.
- Maintain registration records for those county residents who file a registration form either by mail or in person.
- Provide registration forms to schools, universities, post offices, libraries, Department of Motor Vehicles, and designated government agencies throughout the county.
To keep records up to date we use:
- Resident information from various sources including the Department of Health.
- Official notifications from other Boards of Elections in the state, and throughout the country.
- The National Change of Address Listing.
From these lists we transfer voters to new addresses, cancel those who have moved out of the county, and every August send registered voters a notice of registration to verify their residence and voting status.
For further information,you may contact us at our offices in Mineola either in-person, by phone, or by fax.
Nassau County Board of Elections
240 Old Country Road (5th Flr)
Mineola, New York 11501
Phone: (516) 571-VOTE (8683)
Fax: (516) 571-2058