Presentation hosted by the Nassau County Office for the Aging in conjunction with Long Island Alzheimer’s and Dementia Center which explains the different forms and progression of the disease
FCA: Senior and Adult Services:
Call (516) 292-1300 or visit website at www.fcali.org.
- Elder Abuse Prevention: FCA's Safe Observant Senior Program (SOS) provides support, counseling, and advocacy to seniors experiencing any form of abuse or neglect.
- In-Home Assistance: FCA case managers connect seniors to resources they need to remain safely and independently at home.
- Nursing Home Advocacy: Our Ombudservice Program brings volunteer advocates directly to seniors who live in nursing, adult, and assisted living homes.
- Mental Health Support: No one should ever suffer alone. FCA connects seniors to services that support their overall well-being through our Link-Age Project.
- Financial Assistance: We help seniors with everything from managing their bills and organizing mail to protecting them from financial exploitation.
- Health Insurance: Our HICAP Program provides health insurance, information, counseling, and assistance for Nassau County Medicare beneficiaries.
- HEAP: Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). HEAP is a federally funded program designed to help low-income households meet the high cost of home energy. Both those who pay separately for heating costs and households whose heat is included in their rent may be eligible for a one-time regular benefit. The HEAP year generally begins in mid-November and closes in mid-March or when the program funding is exhausted.
Nassau Suffolk Law Services:
Call (516) 292-8100 or visit website at https://www.nslawservices.org/.
- Provides legal assistance to income-eligible Seniors.
Call (516) 374-2385 or visit website at https://hewlett-house.org/.
- A community learning resource center for all Cancer concerns.
- The mission of Hewlett House is to support cancer patients at every stage of treatment. A community resource center that provides all services without charge.