Sheriff Dzurenda is pleased to announce the reopening of the Visitation Unit on July 1, 2020. To protect the public, inmates and staff in the Visitation Unit, the Sheriff’s Department will be following social distancing and requiring masks to be worn.
No Persons will be allowed to enter the Correctional Facility without a mask
Please click on the link below to register and sign up online for scheduled visits:
During this initial phase of reopening, visits will likely be limited to 30 minutes sessions.
Scheduled Visiting will be open to the public as follows:
- Monday and Wednesday 08:00am to 4:00pm
- Friday 12:00noon to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 08:00am to 4:00pm
- Thursday 12:00noon to 8:00pm
*Inmates will only be permitted to receive visits in the Building in which they are housed, all other requests will be denied.
If family members are unable to schedule a visit on our website, please call us at (516) 572-8992 during visiting hours, messages will be returned within one business day.
As a reminder, please do not wear orange or green colored clothing, access may be denied.
STATE OF EMERGENCY:
To ensure everyone’s safety during the COVID-19 State of Emergency and until further notice:
- No persons should come to the facility to pick up or drop off any property or money (except for bails)
- All property will be retained at the facility for future release/pick-up.
- All monies should be mailed in the form of a Bank/Certified Check or Money Order ONLY, Do Not mail cash
GENERAL INFORMATION: (516) 572-4200
V.I.N.E. (Victim Information & Notification Everyday): Call Toll-Free 1-888-VINE-4-NY (1-888-846-3469)
Click Here for the VINE Website
SHERIFF’S BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (SBI) (516) 572-4205
SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT COMMUNICATIONS (516) 572-4204
INMATE RECORDS (516) 572-3802
Nassau County Correctional Center
100 Carmen Avenue
East Meadow NY 11554
Board of Visitors
c/o Nassau County Attorney’s Office
One West Street
Mineola, New York 11501
Inmate Telephone System – Monitoring/Recording Warning Notice
All inmate telephone calls, other than properly placed telephone calls to legal counsel who have officially registered their specific telephone lines with the Sheriff’s Department/Correctional Center, are subject to monitoring and/or recording at all times. Three (3) way calling, call forwarding, and/or conference calling of any kind is a violation of Sheriff’s Department inmate telephone rules and may result in:
1. disciplinary action against the involved inmate participant;
2. loss of telephone privileges for the involved inmate participant; and/or
3. potential criminal charges for the involved inmate and/or any other active participant.
Attorneys who wish to register telephone lines with the Sheriff’s Department must forward an official writing on firm letterhead identifying the telephone number(s) that they will be using for inmate-client calls.
All such requests should be addressed as described below and are subject to verification prior to official registration in the Sheriff’s Department system.
Nassau County Sheriff’s Department/Correctional Center
IT/Computer Operations Unit
100 Carman Avenue
East Meadow, NY 11554