PATIENT PROTECTION and AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (PPACA)
- If we have recently contacted you requesting a copy of the social security card for your dependents, please submit this documentation immediately! It is information that is reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a part of compliance with Section 6055 of the Internal Revenue Code required by the ACA regulation.
- If you experience loss of coverage due to separation from County employment, loss of eligibility or are a surviving dependent of a deceased County employee and is entitled to continue benefits through COBRA. You may qualify for a special enrollment opportunity for another group health plan through the Marketplace if you request enrollment within 30 days. For tax credit eligibility and/or premium estimates, visit the Official Health Plan Market Place at www.healthbenefitexchange.ny.gov.
Dependent SSN Notice
Please note: We can only provide information about benefits offered through Nassau County and
not any potential benefits available through the marketplace.
- If you are enrolling in Medicare Part B for the first time or was eligible to enroll but did not enroll and plan to for the first time, as of January 1, 2016 you may be subject to a new Medicare Part B rate for 2016. Nassau County will still reimburse you at this rate but you must submit documentation to prove you are paying this amount. For more information, please read the 2016 Open Enrollment Retiree and All Other Plan Enrollee Notice.
- Effective January 1, 2016 Ordinance employees will be allowed to use coverage through another NYSHIP agency as “proof of other coverage” to participating in the Buy Back program.
- Effective January 1, 2014 retirees who were not enrolled in Buy Back at the time of retirement will not be able to participate in the Buy Back program. Active employees who are participating in the Buy Back program, and have established eligibility to continue health insurance coverage into retirement, may defer enrollment as a retiree. They may enroll whenever they experience a qualifying event or during the Open Enrollment period.