Skip to Main Content
You Are Here:
Obtaining a Home Improvement License
REQUIRED LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE
A current/in effect Certificate of Insurance MUST accompany your application with the following information included:
1) Producer's name, address and phone number.
2) Insured's name and address exactly as the application reads.
3) Type of insurance shown, Policy number, policy effective and expiration dates and a full description of the type of work covered under the policy.
4) Authorized Representative Signature.
5) Limits of Insurance: Bodily Injury - $100,000.00/300,000.00
Property Damage - $50,000.00/50,000.00
Combined Limit - $300,000.00 minimum.
DEDUCTIBLES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
6) Certificate Holder
Nassau County Office of Consumer Affairs
240 Old County Road
Mineola, New York 11501
7) Cancellation Notice: A notice shall be sent to this office within 15 days prior to any cancellation, non- renewal, or change in coverage of a license holder's insurance policy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE INSTRUCTIONS, YOU MAY CONTACT:
Consumer Affairs Home
Search For A Vendor
Investigations & Complaints
Weights & Measures
Information & Education
Report Suspected Unlicensed Activity