North Woodmere Park
NORTH WOODMERE, LOCATED NEAR THE WATER IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF NASSAU COUNTY, has been part of the county park system since 1965 and is a large and busy site with a range of activities. At the time of its construction, the park "filled the need for a major recreational facility in the sourthwest sector of the County," according to a Parks Department annual report at that time.
- Cross-country skiing is available, weather permitting.
- There are unreserved and reserved (Leisure Pass and fee required) picnic areas, which include barbecue equipment. For more information see "News & Events" below.
|Golf at North Woodmere includes a driving range and an executive-level 9-hole course.|
|The large and beautiful swimming complex at North Woodmere Park includes attractions for children and adults.|
- The pool complex includes various conveniences, such as lockers, dressing areas, showers, a concession stand, lounge and deck chairs, and a sun shelter.
- Hours: Mon.- Fri. 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fees (daily): resident adult, $8; resident child (4-17 years of age), $6; resident senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps auxiliary police, veterans, $4; non-resident adult , $25, non-resident child guest, $20. Family ($250), individual ($100) and senior ($55) memberships are also available. A Leisure Pass is required for residents to receive the resident rate.
- The shorefront at the park is ideal for fishing and crabbing.
- A community room is available for nonprofit groups (Leisure Pass, insurance and reservations required).
To reach North Woodmere Park, take Belt Parkway to Rockaway Boulevard. Take Rockaway Blvd. (Turnpike) to Peninsula Boulevard. Make left onto Peninsula Boulevard and take to Branch Boulevard. Make a left on Branch and follow it around to the right. Just after it turns right the park entrance is on the left.