Employment for Temporary Assistance Clients
In addition the NCDSS has contractual agreements with three agencies to assist our TANF customers find full-time employment. Employment services include pre-employment services such as skills assessment, resume preparation, interview techniques, employer/employee expectations, coping skills, conflict resolution, and job placement. Post-employment retention services are designed to ensure that employment is maintained even when problems and/or crises arise.
The Welfare Reform Act of 1997 mandates that TANF and Safety Net applicants and recipients be screened for the presence of an alcohol or substance abuse problem. Identifying and assessing clients with substance abuse and mental health problems are the first steps in dealing with these potential barriers to employment. Staff training on substance abuse, the use of appropriate screening instruments, and co-location of substance professionals offer possible solutions to overcoming these obstacles.
Other programs and services offered to assist customers in the transition from Public Assistance to employment include:
- Child Health Plus Health Insurance
- Food Assistance Program
- Transportation - Welfare reform will not succeed unless workers can get to jobs and to supportive service. Using guidelines recently issued by the Federal Transit Administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Department of Labor on the use of TANF funds and Welfare-to-Work funds for transportation needs, the NCDSS is studying new approaches to addressing transportation needs utilizing alternative methods.
- Transitional Day Care
- Transitional Medical Assistance
- Earned Income Tax Credit - (EITC) provides support for families that are making the transition from welfare to work. Workers who qualify for the EITC and file a federal tax return can receive a refund of some or all of their federal income tax. Because it is refundable, eligible families receive the full amount of the credit even if that amount is greater than the amount of taxes owed. Qualifying families with no tax liability receive the entire credit as a refund.
- Improve NCDSS's relationship with other agencies that share our customers.
- Educate the community about our customers and the work the department performs.
- No charge for the department's services
- Thoroughly screened candidates
- Motivated workers
- Support services to ensure high quality performance and job retention
- Quick response to job orders